How do I check my browser permissions for my camera and microphone?
If you are not seeing a video feed in your browser, there may be a problem with the browser's permission to use your camera. For security reasons, you need to give the browser permission to use your camera and microphone on a new site.
Check your camera and microphone permissions in Firefox:
1. Click the camera icon in the left side of the browser URL bar, this should show you whether the browser has access to your camera or microphone:
2. Change the dropdown menu to "Allow" or "Always allow" to give permission:
Check your camera and microphone permissions in Chrome:
1. Click the camera icon in the right end of the browser address bar, it will show you whether the browser has access to your camera and microphone. If you have denied the browser permission to use your camera and microphone, it will look like this:
2. To give appear.in permission to use your camera/microphone, click " Manage Media Settings.."
3. The next box, under the Camera section, select "Manage exceptions"
4. Scroll to find appear.in in the list, and click the little X next to it to delete the permission for it
5. Go back and reload the appear.in room again, now it should ask you for permission again, and you can choose allow.
There a bug in Chrome where sometimes after you have done this, the cam icon in address bar will show a red X, even though your camera stream is still visible. Just select "Always Allow", "Done" and then refresh and it should be fine.