How do I start or join a video chat on mobile?
For iOS dedicated app:
- Go to the app. You do not need to sign up to start a conversation but logging in will give you short cuts to your rooms.
- Choose create a new room or enter existing room if you are joining a meeting. In the space after appear.in/______ enter the room name you want to use. This can be anything, like your name, and our system will let you know if the room name has already been claimed.
- Click enter the room.
- If you would like to invite others to a room after you created it you can click "Cool, let's invite someone" and copy the room link or share it via an SMS message!
For Progressive web app (Chrome) on Android:
- Navigate to https://appear.in/ on your Chrome browser or to the appear.in/roomname you may have already created
- Type the room name in the white box from our home page or let our random room generator do that for you!
- Once inside the room you can invite others via SMS or copying the URL and pasting it in another social app. Click the icon with the person and plus sign to get started.
For Dedicated Android App:
1. Type the name of an already existing room, create your own or let our random room generator pick something for you!
2. To invite others you will click the plus icon to share via SMS or other social app.