Can I add members to my room like having another admin?
Room owners can designate other appear.in users as members of their room. When a user is a member of the room they have the following abilities for that room:
- Enter the room when it is locked
- Lock or unlock the room when they are inside
- Kick out or Block others from the room
- Receive notifications for the room when others enter (with mobile app)
From the browser on the web:
To grant membership you will need to be logged in as the owner of the room and the users that you want to add as members will need to be present in the room as well.
1. Hover your mouse over the video of the person to whom you would like to grant membership.
3. Click on the shield icon.
4. Click "Yes, share the power" on the popup.
The person you are granting membership to will receive a popup on his or her video, and should follow the steps to accept.
Once membership has been granted, the user continues to have that membership until you as a room owner take it away. You will see who are members of a particular room with the crown icon on the corner of their video screen:
Reminder: This means the member can go into the room anytime even when it's locked, even if the room owner is not there.
To make the selection menu appear to give membership you will need to tap on the video of the participant that needs to become a member. The menu will look slightly different:
You have now shared the appear.in power!