How do I transfer a room I own to someone?
Transferring a room from one account to another is a two step process, which involves un-claiming the room, and then re-claiming it with the desired account. It's usually easiest to do this sitting next to each other, or while you're in an unrelated appear.in room.
For the account that's un-claiming the room:
1. Log in, and open the room that you're going to un-claim
2. Click the profile picture in the top right corner
3. Click "Rooms" and find the room in the list
4. Click the X next to the room and confirm that you want to un-claim it. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to un-claim the room by clicking the green check mark (see pictures below)
Appear.in requires at least one room to be connected to your account at all times. Because of this, if you only have one room and would like to un-claim it you'll need to either claim an additional room, or delete your account (this is usually done when a duplicate account was created by mistake). After deleting the account, you'll be able to claim the room under a different account.
For the account that's re-claiming the room:
- Wait for the first account to un-claim the room
- Enter the room that was recently un-claimed, and click the Claim button
This will make the new account the owner of the room. At this point, they'll have full access to the room Settings, and the ability to upgrade it to a PRO Plan if they so wish!
Did you know that owners can also add members of the room, if you are using it as a team room? You can read more about this feature here!