What do I need to know if I embed a link to appear.in in my site?
For users including a link to a specific appear.in room, that room will need to be owned by the website creator. Additionally the owner will be bound to the same Terms of Service and General Terms for all users including:
You are responsible for content you upload to the service. appear.in acts as a mere conduit and has no obligation to screen or monitor User Content. However, the team may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates the Terms, applicable laws, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdiction.
Prohibited User Content under the Term of service includes, without limitation, content which: is offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred, harassment or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing, "spamming" or "phishing";
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images;
- displays or links to pornographic, sexually explicit or any other indecent material;
- solicits passwords or personal data from other users; or
- violates the rights of or harms or threatens the safety of other users or the Service.