What types of content am I as a user responsible for?
You are responsible for your use of the appear.in, including the lawfulness of any content displayed, shared, uploaded or otherwise made available in the Service (“the Content”).
- room names
- display name
- profile image
- background images in room and on welcome page
- content posted in the text chat
If posted in a room that is not locked, these types of content must be considered public information.
You are responsible for ensuring room names does not include Prohibited User Content (as listed below). These types of content is the sole responsibility of the person or entity that has made it available in the service.
Prohibited User Content includes, without limitation, content which:
- is offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred, harassment or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- displays or links to pornographic, sexually explicit or any other indecent material;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing, "spamming" or "phishing";
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- infringes on other’s trademarks, copyright or legal rights
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images;
- solicits passwords or personal data from other users; or
- violates the rights of or harms or threatens the safety of other users or the Service.