Room Management in iOS
In this article
Create a room
- To create a room on iOS, start by logging in to your account.
- From the home page, tap the Create a Room button, and type in the room name that you want to Create
After clicking Create room, you'll be taken directly to the room where you can copy the link and invite your guests! This will also add the room to your account, and allow you do to things like Lock the room or kick users from the room!
Change a room name
To change a room name, you need to Delete the room with the incorrect name, and then Create the room with the name that you want. Use the instructions below to Delete the room, and then use the Create instructions at the top of this article to Create the new room.
- Make sure you're logged in to the correct account, and go to the home page of the iOS app
- Enter the room that you want to change the name of by tapping on it
- Tap on the screen to bring up the in-room menu, and tap the settings gear in the top right corner of the screen
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and select Delete room
- Finally, use the Create room instructions above to create the room with the correct name
Transfer a room to another user
To transfer a room to another appear.in user, you simply Delete the room from your account, and then have the other user Create the room after you delete it. You can use the instructions under Change a room name to Delete the room, and then send the other user the Create instructions at the top of this article to Create it on their account.
Change the Background Image in your Room
If you're on an iOS device, you can change the Background Image for your room while you're on the go!
- Start by entering the room you want to change the background for, and clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner
- Scroll down and tap on Edit background image
- Choose to either upload an image from your device's library, or take a photo