I'm not using Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. What other browsers do you support?
appear.in is built using new web technology that is built into the browsers, and makes it possible to start a video conversation without installing anything. Unfortunately, not all browsers have added support for this yet, so you will not be able to use appear.in in them. Most browser vendors are working on implementing support for WebRTC, the technology we use, so we believe that within a year or two, all browsers will work in appear.in.
Supported desktop browsers:
- Google Chrome (recommended)
- Safari and Microsoft Edge are currently in the experimental stage with limited support through our product. As WebRTC support was recently released in both systems our team is working hard to test them out to work through any bugs before we roll out general support for all feature sets of appear.in. For more information on what is supported in the newest version of Safari currently, check out our FAQ here.
Android devices: Anyone can join an appear.in room by opening a room link in one of these browsers.
- Google Chrome for Android
- Firefox for Android
- Opera for Android
- The appear.in app (download from Google Play)
- The native browser on newer Android versions may work, but this varies with phone model.
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Phone
There are many great new browsers out there, but unfortunately, we are a small team and have to focus on resources on the most popular configurations to support. Given that, you're welcome to use other browsers that support WebRTC, but we have limited means to be able to support problems that may arise from using other browsers.
appear.in supports the two latest versions of any browser, so if it doesn't work, try updating your browser. We recommend setting your browser to auto-update.
As we increase support for browsers and improve features within them you can check our updates via our social media channels ( Blog |Twitter | Facebook | Instagram) or sign up for our community newsletter!